Join us this summer as a Camp Counselor - Lifeguard (aka: Water Safety Instructor) at the Boys Town Okoboji Camp, where you can help us create memories that last a lifetime for at-risk youth from across the country. The days are filled with swimming, boating and sunshine as these kids take a well-deserved summertime break — for many, the first one they’ve ever experienced.
*Interested applicants will need to apply on our website: jobs.boystown.org
- Teach swimming, water skiing and kayaking to youth and staff
- Demonstrate water safety, boating, and principles of sailing and canoeing to youth
- Participate in recreational activities such as basketball, volleyball and other outdoor games
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the camp (i.e. cleaning, mowing)
- Lead youth in the completion of tasks and redirect inappropriate youth behaviors
- Supervise youth between ages 10-18 years old
- Full Time, temporary summer position paying $11 per hour
- Complimentary meals – that means breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks are covered
- Option of free room and board during training and at the camp
- Training and certification in CPR/First Aid/Lifeguarding – all free of charge
- Work outdoors on a private beach and enjoy summer in the sun
- Mandatory training will take place in Omaha, Nebraska the week of May 24, 2021
- Live and work in Okoboji, Iowa from May 31, 2021 – August 13, 2021
- Strong swimming skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Willing to become certified in: Basic Rescue, Emergency Water Safety Life Guarding
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check
About Boys Town Okoboji Camp:
In 1952, the Green family presented Boys Town the gift of Camp Lady by the Lake at Okoboji, Iowa. Over the years, thousands of Boys Town residents have traveled to the camp for several days of fishing, tubing, boating and fun.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.