Who You Are:
- You are a good leader. You can lead a group conversation, but you know when to pull back and listen.
- You know your way around scheduling activities.
- You don’t just take orders from others. You are a good collaborator and know how to position a solution.
- You understand the value that a fun, safe experience can bring to others, and you embrace that challenge.
- You are time, project and detail oriented. You can follow a process without missing steps, but you can respond to a new or unique situation since you understand the meaning behind the process.
- You care about your team. You consider it your pseudo family.
Work location: Village of the Four Seasons (“Village”) is a planned second-home community nestled in the tranquil and picturesque Endless Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania. The Village consists of 134 homes and townhouses organized around a central recreation area. Amenities include two pools; a lake with swimming, boating and fishing; tennis courts; a staffed Art Center; a game room; and a snack bar open for breakfast and lunch. Organized sports and activities are provided daily for children from three- to fifteen-years old in a mixed-age group, open play setting. Children are not hemmed into camp programs, but are invited to join and separate from play throughout the day under the supervision of counselors, parents and the community at large.
You may choose to board in the Village’s fully furnished 2BR apartment overlooking the central recreation area or, may live off-property (at own expense).
- Supervise and provide leadership to recreation staff, including college-age and teenage recreation counselors and life guards.
- Develop, plan, build and implement a comprehensive recreation program including daily physical activities for children ages 3-15.
- In cooperation with art room and ceramics staff, develop, plan and implement daily art projects for children ages 3-15.
- In cooperation with recreation committee publicity chair, prepare and distribute publicity for community events.
- Communicate with Village parents regarding programming and individual children.
- Respond to recreation complaints and requests for information.
- Oversee creation of pay-per-lesson swim lesson program using existing life guard staff.
- Licensed childhood or physical education experience or significant childcare, juvenile sports instruction or camp counselor experience
- Undergraduate degree or studies in a related field, i.e., recreation management, recreation and parks, education, child development, psychology, physical education
- Demonstrated leadership abilities i.e., work experience in a supervisory capacity, collegiate-level or community leadership experience.
- Knowledge of: common recreational and social needs of various age groups; principles of supervision and training; various sports equipment used in recreation programs.
NOTICE: If you are selected for final interview, you will be required to submit to a full criminal background check and must possess, or obtain before beginning work, an appropriate, valid C.P.R. Certificate. You must commit to working 5-days a week for each of the weeks between May 25 and August 27 (exception: applicants for whom school ends after May 25 or begins before August 27). Because most of the Village families visit on Saturday and Sunday and return home during the week, weekend work is required.
To apply: Send résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Cover letter should address how your experience meets stated qualifications, including fitness to work with children, in particular.